There are so many places you can decorate your home with Christmas lights. Your Christmas tree and around the roof of the house are the most common. Other places you can decorate outside are bushes, trees, a walkway, porch rails and around the windows. Inside you can put lights on a mantel, staircase railing, around the window, you can find light curtains for the windows and pretty much any where you can think of, your imagination is the limit.
Christmas lights have changed and improved over the years. Now there is a wider selection to choose from than there used to be years ago. There are soft, bright, energy saving, solar and battery powered lights.
If you’re not sure what kind of lights you want or what you will need, you will want to figure out how many you will need by the size of your house and where you will be using them. You will also need to know how many lights can run safely on your home’s circuit. Then you will want to decide on a style and color.
One choice in Christmas lights is LED lights. You can get a wider angle of light and they last a long time. You can use them to decorate inside your home or in the yard outside. They don’t get hot to the fingertips unlike regular lights. They come in many colors and multi-colored, as well. The wire the lights are attached to are usually green or white.
Another option you can go with is rope lights. These are lights inside of tubing. These come in different colors and can be still or chasing lights. They can be connected together to form longer strands. They are great for hard to decorate areas and they can be use indoors or outdoors. They are safer than bulbs to line your home’s walkway in case someone steps on them, they are stepping on the tubing instead of sharp glass.
Your holiday can really shine with all the light options to choose from. Some of the many choices you have are:
- Miniature light sets in clear white, red, teal & more
- Multi-color changing LED light string
- Color changing LED ball string lights
- Christmas icicle lights LED white & more
- Indoor/outdoor shimmering twinkle lights
- Solar powered holiday string lights
- Indoor/outdoor mini lightsphere
- Snowflake-shaped LED holiday lights
- Lighted Moravian star decoration
- LED rope light indoor/outdoor
- Silver wire warm white battery operated LED miniature light set
- Clear net lights
So whether you’re putting lights on your house, tree, lawn, bushes, windows or other places, you have plenty of options.
To look at more Christmas light options you can click on the button below:
Some other things you might need or want are:
- Decorating clips
- Light Keeper Pro – the complete tool for fixing your Christmas lights
- Christmas Lights and Sounds of Christmas Outdoor: all-in-one outdoor light and sound system synchronizes yard lights with 20 songs